For best results, we recommend taking the following precautions prior to your eyebrow microblading appointment:
Some cosmetic procedures should be completed prior to your brow tattoo:
- Stop using skin thinners (vitamin A, glycolic acids, exfoliation) on the eyebrow area 2 weeks prior to your appointment.
- Do not consume alcohol, caffeine, or blood thinners (aspirin, ibuprofen, fish oil, Niacin, etc.) 48 hours before your procedure to avoid excess bleeding.
- Avoid sun/tanning bed exposure for 30 days BEFORE and AFTER your procedure. If you show up for your appointment with a new tan or a sunburn you will need to reschedule and will forfeit your deposit. As your skin exfoliates from a sunburn, it will take the tattoo pigment with it.
Consultation & Brow Design:
- Eyebrow waxing and shaping (2 days in advance)
- Eyebrow tinting (1 week in advance)
- Cosmetic Botox or fillers (2 weeks in advance)
As artists, we will work with you to shape and design a set of brows that highlights your natural facial features. From there, we choose a pigment match based on your skin tone and hair color.
We want you to be as comfortable as possible! Prior to the procedure, a topical anethetic (4% lidocaine ointment) is applied. We also layer an additional numbing agent during the tattooing.
Your tattoo artist will carefully create small strokes of pigment that mimic the appearance of natural brow hair within the designed shape.
Post Appointment Healing:
The full, deep healing process takes 6-8 weeks; however, your visible top layers of skin will heal after 10-14 days. Your brows will experience a few normal mild side effects (slight redness, itchiness and peeling), which clients compare to the feeling of sunburn.
Expect your tattoo to appear darker for the first 3 to 5 days. After day 4 or 5, light peeling will occur, revealing lighter and softer hair strokes. Long-term aftercare is crucial for the longevity of your eyebrow investment. More information is available on our After Care page.